Railway Recruitment Control Board (RRCB) is fully organized and operated by Government of India under Ministry of Railways. RRCB under Railway recruiting boards (Present 19) calling various posts / vacancies through direct recruitment and competitive examinations for every year.
Railway Recruitment Posts: Gazetted (Group ‘A’ and ‘B’) and Non-gazetted (Group ‘C’ and ‘D’). C. 19 RRBs to recruit Group C and D posts.
Group ‘A’ Posts – Group A posts is carried out by UPSC – appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group ‘B’ Posts – This posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade – upgraded posts from Group ‘C’ railway employees on deputation basis.
Group ‘C’ Posts – Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group ‘D’ Posts – These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala, Ganman, Peon etc.
Indian Railway Recruitment Zones: Indian Railways organizational structure is divided into 17 zones, which are further sub-divided into various city wise divisions. All RRBs official website links and contact E-Mail List Visit – http://www.rrcb.gov.in/rrbs.html
1. Central Railway (CR) – Mumbai
2. East Central Railway (ECR) – Hajipur
3. East Coast Railway (ECoR) – Bhubaneswar
4. Eastern Railway (ER) – Kolkata
5. North Central Railway (NCR) – Allahabad
6. North Eastern Railway (NER) – Gorakhpur
7. North Western Railway (NWR) – Jaipur
8. Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) – Guwahati
9. Northern Railway Railway (NR) – Delhi
10. South Central Railway (SCR) – Secunderabad
11. South East Central Railway (SECR) – Bilaspur
12. South Eastern Railway (SER) – Kolkata
13. South Western Railway (SWR) – Hubli
14. Southern Railway (SR) – Chennai
15. West Central Railway (WCR) – Jabalpur
16. Western Railway (WR) – Mumbai
17. Metro Railway, Kolkata – Kolkata
Group C & D Qualifications: Minimum 10th class pass or ITI or equivalent trade.
Indian Railways latest government jobs opening details available on below table: (Last updated on 8th February 2015)
Name of the Zone No of Vacancies Name of the Posts Last Date for Apply
South Central Railway 12 Senior Residents 13/02/2015 (Walk in)
Northeast Frontier Railway 12 Sports Quota 27/02/2015
West Central Railway 05 Sports Quota 27/02/2015
South Central Railway 02 Group D (Erstwhile) 03/03/2015
Metro Railway Kolkata 16 Act Apprentices 13/02/2015
Ircon Infrastructure and Services Limited (IrconISL) 05 Work Engineer (Civil) 12/02/2015
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) 69 Various Engineers, Managers 21/02/0215
Central Railway 04 Sports Quota Group D Posts 16/02/2015
Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) 36 Various Manager, Assistant (Deputation Posts) 09/02/2015
Northern Railway 01 Deputy Legal Adviser 17/02/2015
IRCON Limited Various Executive Trainees through GATE 2015 March 2015